Deporvillage is one of the biggest european e-commerce companies that is a market leader in its sector.
We are handling millions of page views and thousands of orders per day, for this reason, we have to be smart with data and build the best recommendation systems for our customers.
If you want to be part of a team which is using dynamic methodologies, with cutting edge technologies and a collaborative sense, then this job is made for you!
At Deporvillage, You Will
- Implement data pipelines and complex DAGs to evolve and maintain our Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Use Agile methodologies oriented towards quarter OKRs.
- Work closely with our data team formed by: Data Analyst and Data Scientist.
What we expect you to bring
- +4 years of experience as a Data Engineer, specially in an e-commerce industry
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem. Desired technologies such as: Glue Kinesis and Athena are appropriate
- Experience with database engines such as MySQL, MongoDB or Postgres
- Experience developing ETL/ELT processes
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as Python or Golang
- Ability to write advanced and optimal queries in SQL
- Strong knowledge of data structures
- Having experience in Big Data technologies such as Spark or Snowflake
- Eager to learn, improve methodologies and adopt new technologies
- Empathy, being a team player and proactivity is a must
- Nice to have:
– Stream processing
– Experience with Airflow job orchestration
– Experience in A/B testing
What We Offer
- A young and dynamic working environment
- The opportunity to be part of a successful e-commerce company with above-industry-average growth and one of Financial Times top 500 growing companies in Europe
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Working location flexibility (only 1 day at the office per week, even post-pandemic)
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Flexible working hours
- Tax-free benefits (ticket restaurant, kindergarten and transport)